Sunday 19 February 2012

CBS

At the Sunday
Morning Racecourse
I am on my weekly date
Here is where
I hunt for bargains
Pay my £1
At the gate;
Shut in winter
Springtime open
Nippy in the
Eastern wind;
Stalls piled high
With shoddy garments
Wrinkled shirts and
Vests I find;
Eighties CD Compilations
Pet Shop Boys and Adam Ant
Somewhere in this
Heap of garbage
Lurk the treasures
That I want;
Wedgewood plates
And Chinese vases
If it is my lucky week;
Lots of stuff is dodgy,stolen
Provenance one
Cannot seek;
Mainly I am on
The book hunt
Paperbacks for 20p
Murdoch, Barnes and
Thomas Hardy
Underneath the
Greenwood Tree
Penguin
Faber &
Virago
Hidden midst the
Vampire trash
Now I find
I've no more money
What has happened
To my stash ?
Driving home
I'm serenaded
By the music
I have found
Mozart
Schubert
Elvis
Presley
You
Ain't nothing
But a
Hound








Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment